Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I don't even know where to start. I am feeling so overwhelmed right now.

in a nut shell - ex is a convicted felon who had been released from prison 8 months ago having served 3 consecutive sentences for 3rd and 5th degree possession of meth and cocaine. He had nothing to do with the kids in years prior to being let out, it is now approximately 4 years since the last time he had seen the kids. He got out of prison and filed paperwork to have child support suspended and it wasn't until after that court appointment that he filled out any paperwork with the court to have visitation reestablished. He claimed a disability because of bipolar disorder and since had to go to court again for the child support issue and at that time submitted paperwork stating that his condition was getting better and was being treated. Now we get a letter from his probation officer saying that he is trying to collect social security disability, but he still stays busy by volunteering his time every day to an assisted living home where his grandma lives.
All this while he still has had nothing to do with the kids and still does not pay child support to prove that he cares about them.
The kids want nothing to do with him and have moved on in the last 4 years and don't even regard him as their dad and haven't for years. They don't want to back up their life just so this jerk can feel like there is something important in his life or maybe so he can feel like he has control of something. They are people and deserve to be respected and treated better than what he is willing to do and more than what he has proved to them thus far So

I am so frustrated and I guess I'm probably just expecting a worst case scenario. but these last few days have been difficult and the next few days leading up to court on Friday are going to be just terrible, then we have to wait to find out what the judge is going to decide.
I'm scared for my kids (who are involved in this). the judge wants them there to have a chance to speak their mind over this whole ridiculous deal. They are going to be nervous and I'm afraid that they will not be able to get over feeling so scared and they will be tricked into agreeing to something that they whole heartedly want nothing to do with ever again.
I wish there was something that I could do for them, but I'm afraid that what I do might be misconstrued as trying to lead them. I want them to be able to say what they are thinking and the most I can do is tell them to tell the truth and stand up for their feelings, but I just feel like it isn't enough.
I'm frustrated that the only people who care and respect their feelings about anything are just me and my husband.

No comments: