Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm pregnant! not anything planned, but not at all unwelcome by any means.

I guess I hope that it's a girl. I don't know if I hope that because I already have a name that I like. But I'm probably jumping the gun a bit with picking a name already... I am only 5 weeks along.

I haven't been at all nervous about being pregnant, which is very different from the last times I've been pregnant. I suppose the only thing that has me worried at all is my mother-in-law's reaction to finding out. I don't think that she will be happy at all. She tends to worry and I think she feels that we already have enough if not too many kids. I really like and even love her and I don't want this to become something that will put a rift in our relationship. I know that my husband is nervous about telling her. They had a conversation not too long ago in which he could have told her about me being pregnant but because of something she said he chose not to say anything. I don't think she could have handled it right then. But I've told the kids and I guess I don't mind if they let something slip. She'll have to keep her cool around them and then she will have time to let it sink in.
I know, that's the cowards way out. well, I'm the first to admit that I'm a coward.

No comments: